The AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. remove graffiti using a environmental friendly, soft abrasive media suspended in a bio-degradable polymer water solution. This process enables a 3000-5000 PSI system to perform like a 10K-20K hydro-blaster. Unlike a hydro-blaster however, the removal of graffiti requires no special safety equipment other than a face shield or safety glasses.
What to do when your property has been vandalized by graffiti?
- Report the incident to your local police station as it is malicious damage to property.
- Take photos to assist with possible prosecution.
- Contact AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. to establish alternatives in the most effective and least expensive way to remove the Graffiti.
- Remove Graffiti ASAP
Possible solutions to preventing graffiti?
- Keep the outside appearance of your property clean and neat.
- Make sure you have sufficient lighting around your property.
- Incorporate natural barriers such as creeping or thorny plants.
- Restrict unauthorized access to properties. By removing rubbish bins which could be used in climbing walls.
- Set-up a Neighborhood watch to monitor areas that are regularly targeted.
- Educate the community on how Graffiti negatively effects business and neighborhoods.
- Employ extra security where required.
- Remove Graffiti immediately as research shows that removal within 24-48 hours results in a definite decrease in re-occurrence of Graffiti.
What is the point in removing graffiti – won’t it just come back again?
- Removing Graffiti tags immediately is very important. Not removing these Graffiti tags is a sure drawing card for other Graffiti tagger’s to vandalize your property, as focus is placed on a specific area for tagger’s to compete and show off their work.
- We have personally seen this occur where companies have not addressed the issue immediately, resulting in a substantial increase in Graffiti tags as well as financial cost due to Graffiti tags increasing and becoming more elaborate.
- Statistically removing Graffiti tags is very successful. After completing initial Graffiti removals we have had customers that have been Graffiti free ever since. One of our clients where we have removed 140 + Graffiti tags over a period of 9 months, only 4 tags re-occurred over that entire period. Should a specific area continuously be tagged, one can always apply an Anti-Graffiti shield to ensure easy removal of Graffiti with water.
Can I paint out graffiti?
- Yes, it is possible to paint out Graffiti on painted surfaces, however you should first determine if you are able to match your original paint color by testing a small inconspicuous area. By not matching the original paint color, one could easily create a section that could be seen as a fresh canvass by Graffiti vandalism. Furthermore the appearance could be substantially worsened. It is also advisable to remove Graffiti prior to re-painting surfaces as there is a possibility for the Graffiti to resurface once the new paint coat has been applied. This may particularly have reference to instances where Graffiti color’s are darker than the paint to be used when re-painting.
What is the quotation procedures?
- AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. quotes on specific sites as our services are required and quotations are free of charge.
- All labor and product will be included in the quoted price.
- AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. would aim to remove Graffiti within 72 hours after receiving a valid order number for the supplied quote.
- This quote would take into consideration the amount of Graffiti that needs to be removed as well as the underlying surface, as different surfaces require different technique and cleaning times. AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. will keep digital image recordings of “before and after” clean-ups which will be available upon request or on presentation of invoice.
What is the cost in removing graffiti?
- Graffiti removal costs are generally calculated by Graffiti Size, although factors such as the number of color’s and layers of Graffiti also play a role.
There are mainly two categories of Graffiti, being Gang and Hip Hop related. Gang-related Graffiti is normally territory based, where as Hip Hop Graffiti is based on Fame. The more visual the Graffiti the more fame it creates for the individuals. It is suggested that as much as 90% of all Graffiti is Hip Hop based. The reason for this is the three elements that make up the Hip Hop culture being: RAP Music, Break dancing and Graffiti.
Severe Graffiti problems all start with a single tag. Offenders gain pleasure from their vandalistic “work” without being caught. It further allows them to view their work and such allows them to thrive and show off their “work” whenever it pleases them. This in turn creates “fame” for the individuals. As a result other offenders follow suit without fear of being detected and for the gain of respect within the culture. The implication is that in a short space of time one could have a number of offenders targeting a specific area.
In United States, defacing property is a crime and as such, an offender could be facing fines as well as arrest should they be caught. However the seriousness and consequences of being caught does not stop Graffiti from escalating. Therefore it is important to have a zero tolerance approach towards Graffiti and to remove it as soon as possible. Not doing so communicates that the community or particular organization is not concerned about their appearance. Furthermore such an acceptance or tolerance of such “acts” could potentially invite additional Graffiti in a short space of time and may even influence petty crime which escalates the problem in an even more serous nature.
There are various Graffiti abatement programs internationally which recommend as a first line, an initial removal of all Graffiti followed by swift removals of Graffiti once it reappears.
This would result in the Graffiti “tagger’s” not having the same psychological pleasure as before and thus discourage further property vandalism, as a display of their work would be short lived and in addition challenging and eradicating their work would restore neighborhoods and properties to its original Graffiti free condition.
- Severe graffiti problems all start with a single graffiti tag!
- Removing graffiti tags ASAP would prevent attracting additional graffiti in a short space of time, and saves money on removal costs as less products and labor is required when graffiti is new or fresh!
- Having a Zero Tolerance approach towards graffiti is important, as graffiti could reduce retail sales, negatively affect area and property values over time and influence petty crime.
- Using incorrect abrasive chemicals in an attempt to remove graffiti can damage surfaces beyond repair, often large traces of the graffiti is still highly visible.
- It is advisable to remove any graffiti prior to re-painting surfaces as there is a possibility for the graffiti “shadow” resurfacing once the new paint has been applied.
- Effective and continuous graffiti removal is proven to be highly successful, as graffiti “tagger’s” are discouraged and as such an area looses its appeal for them to vandalize.
- Many AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc., clients have been graffiti-free from a once off graffiti removal.